So, I know that Tuesdays are usually devotional days, but I thought today I’d mix it up a little bit. Mostly, because I’m still chewing through the things that I brought up last week, as well as some new thoughts that came to me last night on a completely unrelated topic. But also – because I thought it would be fun.
So, here are 15 things you may not know about me (unless you’re my mom… hi mom!)
- I love Jackie Chan movies. Really, I do. Shanghai Knights is a classic.
- The very first “chapter book” I read was Charlotte’s Web when I was 8.
- I love Elizabethan English history. Elizabeth I, Henry VIII, all of Henry’s wives. Bloody, but fascinating.
- In college, I commissioned a piece for flute and piano inspired by the opening lines of A Tale of Two Cities, and performed it on my senior recital.
- The first classical CD I owned was Beethoven’s 9th Symphony by the Vienna Philharmonic.
- I know the lyrics to most DC Talk songs written before the year 2000. And yes, I can rap them.
- I hate those baby-corn things that turn up in Chinese food. Ew.
- I’ve sat at the writing desks of Jane Austen and Charles Dickens.
- I still have to look up the instructions for hard boiling eggs.
- I get horribly motion sick. Thank goodness for audio books!
- My favorite flower is the daisy. Followed by Queen Anne’s Lace, which my husband has taken to calling “old lady knickers.”
- If someone were to make me a feast of anything I wanted, I would request my grandma’s chicken and noodles with mashed potatoes, my aunt’s baked macaroni and cheese, and just about any kind of pie my mom wanted to bake.
- I like to decorate my Christmas tree with vintage ornaments that I find in antique stores
- My favorite color is purple.
- My life scripture passage is Psalm 107
Okay, friends, now its your turn! What’s one thing you’d like me to know about you?